Building the next generation of business leaders
By Robert Chun and Julian Wojczynski
Our society as we know it seems to run on efficiency at the expense of effectiveness since 1980’s; speed at the expense of direction since the ‘90s; mindlessness at the expense of awareness recently. Is it because we are changing so fast? Maybe.
The culture of the society we were born into is a culture that is hard-wired for survival as far as we can tell. It seems to be a culture that uses the strategy of change to implement more “meaningful” change. That only creates more change and more change – nothing substantial – yet, we try the same strategy over and over again getting the same result. I think that is the definition of insanity. It is as if parts are missing in our social structure and we are simply trying to make things “right” by using what we have more and faster which simply makes things even worse.
So what is the solution? To acknowledge the parts that are missing around us and provide the missing ingredients by being that or being a part in creating that which is missing thereby making everything whole and complete.
So, what’s missing in the world today?
We think they are certain types of people. People who can think and have a certain awareness of what it takes to live and create on top of the survival paradigm we seem to have inherited.
Who are these people? We think they are:
- People who listen
- People who can move in and out of points of view, without reaction or loss of presence
- People who take on learning as a lifestyle and be tolerant of other knowledge
- People who can operate from systems and wholeness
- People who can integrate the fragmented parts of things and people around them
- People who are creative. People who can generate and build something from nothing
- People who can create value with one another
- People who can think from the viewpoint of whole humanity
- People who can be with their emotions and humanity, such that they can completely accept being a human being – and not be limited by it
- People who are present to their emotions, process it but not be chained by them
- People who know they matter in this world just because
- People who live from a viewpoint where each being counts, contributes, prospers and make a difference here in the town, community and the world they live
- People who are conscious, powerful and wealthy in every way
- People who have imagination to see more and want more
- People who are lead by a vision of a better tomorrow -- and not give in or give up
- People who can take on positive, impossible projects and radically alter the future for humanity – like fixing the planetary environment and ending hunger for human species.
- People who are aware that language, definitions and alignment are the civilizing force for us all
- People who work on updating our culture to build systems that care about individual human beings
We say these people are the next generation of business leaders for the world.
In a perfect world, these people should be abundant and everywhere but our society seems to be designed to develop people who are not like them. As a result, we have found that these types of people are not easy to find. A world built purely for survival does not require such people – or would it?
We think they account for less than 1% of the global population and are usually marginalized and displaced by the culture they find themselves in -- with only a small fraction of them fully realizing their capacities -- as builders of futures and realities beyond the prevailing reality.
We say, these types of people are glitches in the “matrix” of society. Not many are required for society to run but what a difference they make when they are fully utilized!
While they are not required for immediate survival needs of our species, they cause, create, generate, support and maintain our evolution. This is not easy work, but from our point of view it is the work that is worthwhile and life-giving.
One of our intentions as a company is to be a sorting mechanism for finding and developing these kinds of business leaders. As a result, we are able to produce results that would be impossible for other firms because we are able to recognize the diamond in the rough as it were.
We have been using the field of business as a training ground to have more of these kinds of leaders in communities globally. To date, we have found about three out of about 250 that have come through our organization in the past 15 years. Over thirty years, we have found, nurtured and developed 7 such people. They take a long time to mature -- and as such they are usually never given the chance to fully develop. It takes an average of 15 years for such individuals to fully develop and most businesses do not have neither the patience nor finance to develop them. But, the result is worth the wait.
Are you one of those people? If so, we are looking for you.
Do you want to be? You can but it takes work. Are you willing to do what it takes?
If so, the world needs you.