Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of business would benefit from your services?
All business can benefit from our services, especially:
1. Start ups looking to build on a solid foundation, avoiding common pitfalls.
2. Businesses that have reached a plateau and are ready to move to the next stage of development and expansion.
3. Businesses that are well established, successful, and are contemplating a major change.
4. Businesses, who want a knowledgeable sounding board to facilitate, clarify and challenge their thinking around important issues.
5. Businesses who are facing succession planning, and want to make a smooth transition in to the new leadership.
How can coaching help me in my business?
Coaching is designed to help you develop a plan of action to resolve a specific issue, question, or problem. Coaching can lower the risk of costly mistakes, and can assist you in the following areas:
1. Creating a budget
2. Reducing and controlling costs
3. Measuring financial performance
4. Making a large capital purchase
5. Managing accounts payable and receivable
6. Raising capital
7. Presenting to a venture capital firm
1. Improving internal communication
2. Improving efficiency
3. Providing better customer service
4. Selecting an information system
5. Implementing a computer conversion
6. Creating a competency-base computer training program
7. Creating an internet presence and strategy
8. Planning meetings and conferences
Sales and Marketing
1. Introducing a new product
2. Making an effective sales call or presentation
3. Negotiating a contract
5. Writing a business plan
6. Communicating with customers
7. Using the Net to communicate effectively
8. Opening a new store location
Human Resource and Career Issues
1. Selecting a new partner
2. Hiring a new associate
3. Firing or disciplining an associate
4. Resolving conflicts with associates and partners
5. Conducting performance reviews
6. Creating a performance management system Note: Coaching in these areas is not intended to replace specialized expertise and advice from qualified professions. Rather it is intended to help the decision maker craft a plan that draws on all appropriate resources.
What if I lack the available reserves or discretionary income to be able to afford the services of Business Training Pro, or any other high-quality coaching firm?
Business Training Pro has a developed a fee structure that can fit into virtually any business budget. We look at each new client on a case-by-case basis. When the circumstances dictate, in the early months of some new client relationships, Business Training Pro will charge considerably less than its standard rate for services so that they are accessible to virtually every business.
How can you do that and still remain in business?
We have a high level of confidence in our abilities and our 20 year track record of success with large and small businesses, that we literally invest our knowledge capital into your business, until such a time when the results of our coaching and advice begin to produce results. At that time, we adjust our fees to levels that are more in line with the level of service and expertise we provide. In effect, we become an active, silent partner committed to the growth and success of your business.
Once I become a client, am I obligated to sign a contract or to use your services for a specified length of time?
No. Our fees are billed monthly and at no time are you obligated to continue using our firm if you do not feel we are providing you with sufficient value for the level of services or support you are interested in.
Who are your clients?
Our clients are professionals, CEO’s, business owners, entrepreneurs, sales executives, creative geniuses, and artists. Essentially our client is anyone committed to seeing his or her business grow and be profitable. Regardless of their professional endeavor or place in life, all of our clients have one thing in common: they are all successful, resourceful, and intelligent individuals who want to get even more out of their business and their lives.
At what point in my business would it be of value to have a coach?
No matter where you are, we can help. We come from where you are to help you succeed, by developing a clear picture of where you want to go, how to get there and the steps needed to facilitate that growth.
What happens in a coaching session?
During your coaching session your coach will explore your goals, vision, and dreams. Together you will develop a powerful strategy for achieving them, and choose what action is required to meet those objectives. Your coach will ask the questions and listen to your answers; offering powerful observations and practical advice when appropriate and they will make requests that will challenge you to step outside your self-imposed boundaries.
What are some of the things my coach will ask me to do?
Your coach will challenge you to think differently and see your situation in a more positive light. You will take an honest look at your skills and resources; identifying the gaps between where you are and where you need to go; develop a plan of action and find the resources needed to reach your goals; and receive constructive feedback, be held accountable and enjoy the success from your efforts.
What results can I expect for my business from hiring a coach?
You will see ways to shift your business from earning revenue to making a profit; learning how to attract clients rather than go after them; designing your business so that you enjoy going to work every day, and will have the peace of mind knowing your business will continue to flourish while you go on vacation.
How is coaching different from consulting and therapy/personal counseling?
Coaching is becoming popular for several reasons:
1. Many people are tired of doing what they think they “should” do and are ready to do something special and meaningful for the rest of their lives. One challenge is that many can’t see what this is or, if they can, they can’t find a way to reorient their life around it. A coach can help them do both.
2. People are realizing how simple it can be to accomplish something that several years ago might have felt out of reach or like a pipedream. A coach does have a large tool kit to help the Big Idea become a reality. Fortunately, people now have time and resources to invest in themselves in this kind of growth.
3. Spirituality. While care should be taken to distinguish spirituality from religion, many coaches are spiritually based – even the ones who coach IBM and AT&T. The world is becoming more spiritual. The coach helps clients to tune in better, to themselves and to others.
How has coaching evolved?
In the early days of modern coaching (early 1980s) the focus was on “take actions to get results.” By the early 90s the approach expanded to include the strategy of “increase your range of competencies and you’ll get better results.” By the early 2000s the coaching approach expanded to include the notion of “crafting environments in order to accelerate the outcomes.”
All three approaches can be effective. Well-trained coaches are facile with all three approaches.
Some coaches may not deliver the coaching “live.” Given the advancement of software and computers, situational solutions crafted by the coach (and perhaps a network of coaches) can be accessible to clients who can self-serve many of their coaching needs and who will turn to the coach “live” only when they need specialized attention. However, Business Training Pro currently provides all of its coaching live, e.g. face to face, videoconference, teleconference, web meeting or by phone.
Business Training Pro
Copyright ©2021 Business Training Pro. All rights reserved.